Friday, March 20, 2009

Chad's dream birthday week

As I posted earlier, on Chad's actual birthday I told him that he could buy his gun. We went shopping and he found the gun he wanted.


Now fast forward 4 days - Chad and I are talking on the phone and my brother-in-law Joe keeps calling Chad. Finally Chad hangs up with me and takes the call. Joe was calling to tell Chad that he bought Chad the shotgun he wanted for his birthday!!! He bought for a kind of early thank you for a favor. Joe and Leslie are building a house and Chad is going to be doing A LOT of stone work for free. But still - isn't that so nice?! Chad couldn't have been more thrilled...or so he thought.


Fast forward 2 more days - Chad is supposed to come pick up Vance because I was teaching piano. I was wondering why he was so late when he tells me that his car is overheating. I'll skip some of the details, but the story ends with me holding Vance in the front seat while Chad pushes the car uphill - all by himself! I tried telling him to ask for help, but he insisted on being a jerk and ignoring me. Needless to say he was regretting that decision about halfway up the hill. After a little bit more work, we realized the old 1997 Camry with 170,000+ miles on it had officially died. It was no longer worth fixing. Bummer that it broke. Yeah that Chad doesn't have to drive it anymore!Fast forward 1 more day - Chad gets a truck. He was always wanted a truck, but we told ourselves we needed to keep our cars until they died. I have a friend whose dad who owns a car dealership and gave us an amazing deal on the truck. It is a white F150 with a standard cab and long bed. We only paid $3,500 and Chad has to help them remodel a fireplace. I thought this was quite a steal. It was a low price, but we had peace of mind because we bought it from a dealership whose mechanic had looked over it. It was such a relief that we didn't have to worry about buying private party and getting a car that didn't really run as good as the owner said.

Chad got his two big wants - a truck and a shotgun all in the same week! He is like a little boy, he is so happy. I actually am happy too. Chad is always giving and giving to me, but he never really does much for himself. It's about time, my baby gets what he wants!!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

He was pretty giddy with excitement when I talked to him about it! Too fun!!!

PriceFamily said...

i'm glad Chad spoiled himself. Matt wants a shotgun too. but we do already have an assault rifle. anyway, i am going to steal that grilled cheese recipe to try it. it just looks SO good. =)

Chels Allred said...

that will be my parents for sure, givin my baby junk...why do you think the hodsons have such terrible teeth?.."here little baby..here's some coke in your bottle, that should shut you up" haha. im glad chad got a truck. aaron is jealous!

Anonymous said...

Chad, you still need to get that pistol grip from me, and really I expected more of a pic than that. Maybe you in nothin but a camo speedo and the gun standing in the back of your truck or something. Please don't rush things like this, I know what you are capable of and expect more out of you! HAHA!