Monday, March 16, 2009

World's greatest grilled cheese


Chad would like to think of himself as a grilled cheese connoisseur, so I have tried quite a few recipes and this one is to die for!!!


Ingredients



  • Havarti cheese

  • Fontina cheese

  • Fresh mozzarella

  • Fresh basil

  • Honey

  • Tomato

  • Bread

  • Olive oil

  • Butter

You simply butter one side of each piece of bread. Then on one piece of bread you put the Fontina cheese on top of the Havarti. On the other piece of bread just put the mozzarella. I put about a tablespoon of olive oil on the pan and preheat the pan for about a minute. Then you cook on low to medium heat until the cheese has melted. Once the cheese has melted you drizzle honey on the side of the bread that has the Havarti and Fontina cheese on it. You sprinkle the finely chopped basil and place two tomato slices on the piece of bread with the mozzarella cheese on it.

I normally serve it with either Von's or Panera Bread's tomato soup. It is seriously the most delicious grilled cheese ever!!!

5 comments:

Emilee said...

MMMMMMM- My poor family thinks a good grilled cheese consists of of bread & some cheddar. Looks like we need to branch out!

Zach and Kate Hulet said...

Holy cow! That looks fantastic. I might have to TRY it first... from the famous cook... before I test the waters on my own... (hint hint...)

Amy said...

I am going to have to make that sometime. I have had a bite of it before and it is quite delicious!

annieandjustin said...

Oh that looks sooo good! can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing

The Smith Family said...

Seriously..that looks so good. Next time your making that, call me :)