So my entire childhood my family went to the lake. There was a group of 4 families and we always went together. One of the "lake kids" got married last weekend. We decided it was the perfect time to get together again. The parents get together every now and then, but all of us kids don't make it happen as often as I think we should. So, after the reception we went over to Amy's house for dinner, games, and A LOT of laughing.
I love that even though we have all changed so much since we were 12 (thankfully) we can still get together and have fun. Everyone is definitely at different stages in their lives, but somehow it seems like we are all on the same page. It's also great because this particular group of friends is so real. Nobody sugar-coats things. We don't make ourselves sound better than we really are. We don't butter you up to make you feel better. I think everyone needs at least a few friends like that!
2 comments:
It was really fun to get together with everyone! I too love that everyone is so real - it makes the evening WAY less stressful and more relaxing.
We are pretty awesome! I also think we need to get together more. I had a lot of fun!
Post a Comment