Monday, March 16, 2009

Happy 23rd Birthday Chad


Chad's birthday was actually on the 12th but I am just blogging it now. He has been begging me to let him buy a shotgun, so as his birthday approached he told me not to spend any money. All he wanted was for me to let him get his shotgun. So I decided that he deserves it and attempted to plan an inexpensive birthday celebration.

When he got home from work I left a note an the door for him to go get ready and that I would be back soon. I was dropping off Vance (thanks again Mom). When I got home we headed to Big5 to look for a shotgun. He was really excited because I had convinced him there was no way that I was going to be on board the shotgun-idea. The guy at Big5 was a little gun-crazy. He kept telling us how it was the best gun and ever house should have a shotgun. He also kept telling us that when you shoot, you shoot to kill. Hopefully we won't ever be in that situation, but I guess we will be glad for the gun if we ever are.

After that we went to Townsquare. Chad and I both love walking through the stores. Plus I had a 30% off your entire purchase coupon at Old Navy and Vance needed a summer wardrobe. Chad was a good sport and I think he actually had a little bit of fun picking out a few outfits for Vance.

After that we picked up Vance and headed home where I planned to make dinner. I made Vance his favorite dinner - grilled cheese. It's not just any grilled cheese though. I have the best recipe, but I think it deserves its own post so stay tuned!

Then we just relaxed on the couch and watched a movie together. It was so nice to snuggle up under the blanket!

While we were watching the movie I baked Chad's favorite cake - lemon glaze. It didn't exactly turn out (once again I think this deserves a separate post), but he told me that he loved it anyway!
Happy birthday to the most amazing man I know!!! I love you!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Chad! You didn't ever say for sure - did Chad buy a shotgun??? I told Chad for his birthday I would give him money for his shotgun or babysitting and he picked babysitting. I just thought I should tell YOU so that you would actually use it! Feel free to take us up on a LONG date :)

Chels Allred said...

happy birthday chad!!