This last weekend we went to Dumont Dunes. I have been begging my dad to plan another trip and we finally coordinated our schedules to get out there. It was the BEST weekend! There was no one there. Normally when we go, we go over a holiday and there are literally thousands of people of there. This past weekend there couldn't have been more than 300 people there. We went out with the Cooks, the Bradshaws , the Houstons, and a few other people that were friends of friends.I have to admit that I am still a little bit of a baby sometimes. The more we went riding the more excited my dad got - which translates into the more scary the ride got. I kept telling my dad the younger he feels the older I get. I think my heart actually stopped a few times. He viewed the smooth, untouched dunes as a canvas where he could paint his freaking SCARY masterpiece. Thanks Dad for keeping me young!
Vance was SO good. He just crawled around all weekend. He definitely got his fair share of dirt in the mouth (yes - he really did sport the sand goatee for most the weekend). We brought out a ton of balls and cars for him and he went to town! He also just had fun throwing the dirt and rocks!

When he wasn't playing in the dirt, you could find him at the steering wheel...

or just back in the dirt playing with Isaac (dune buddy) with the balls.

He could always find time to beg Grandma for a treat or just to pick him up!

But when all else failed, you could find him on Daddy's lap in the buggy! Can you say heaven on earth?!
Thanks Mom and Dad for going with us and letting us use all of your toys!
PS - Excuse the crappy pictures. I forgot my camera and had to use the camera on my phone!
3 comments:
Ok, those are pretty nice pictures for your PHONE.. mine is crap. Looks like it was lots of FUN!! I totally love vance's studly outfit!! =)
thank goodness for camera phones!! im so jealous you guys have been to dumont like 3 times in the time that we have gone once!! thats awesome you guys had the place to yourselves!
I wish that we could have gone. The boys LOVE the dunes! Looks like Vance had a great time :)
Post a Comment